(The new name for Hunterelm)
SUMMER SALE NOW ON!
All winter prices reduced by 12 - 13%
See the price guide below
To place an order or make any further enquiries,
please call 01509 856261 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
( Please also include a contact telephone number with your message if at all possible )
- Logs are usually delivered ready-bagged in re-cycled 80 litre plastic sacks, each standing about 75cm (30 inches) tall and filled with wood to a depth of about 60cm (24 inches).
- Each sack contains a volume of about 0.075 cubic metres of wood, including air spaces, and they weigh about 20 - 25kg (3 - 4 stones).
- For comparison, they contain about DOUBLE the amount of wood (in terms of both volume and weight) than the net bags of logs commonly found on sale at petrol stations and DIY stores
(See picture to the right).
- Any number of sacks may be purchased, including amounts other than the examples shown in the table below.
*** All prices include delivery ***
|NUMBER OF SACKS||VOLUME*||WINTER PRICE*||SUMMER SALE PRICE||SUMMER PRICE PER SACK||SUMMER PRICE PER M3*|
| 1||0.075||£ 8.50||£ 7.50||7.50||100|
| 2||0.15||£ 17||£ 15||"||"|
| 3||0.225||£ 25.50||£ 22.50||"||"|
| 4||0.3||£ 34||£ 30||"||"|
| 5||0.375||£ 42.50||£ 37.50||"||"|
| 6||0.45||£ 51||£ 45||"||"|
| 7||0.525||£ 59.50||£ 52.50||"||"|
| 8||0.6||£ 68||£ 60||"||"|
| 9||0.675||£ 76.50||£ 67.50||"||"|
| 10||0.75||£ 82.50||£ 72.50||7.25||96.67|
| 12||0.9||£ 96||£ 84||7||93.33|
| 14||1.05||£ 108.50||£ 94.50||6.75||90|
| 20||1.5||£ 150||£ 130||6.50||86.67|
| 28||2.1||£ 203||£ 175||6.25||83.33|
| ||*approximate minimum volume in cubic metres||*prices as per Feb. 2021|| || ||*approximate equivalent price per cubic metre|
Prices subject to change without notice. E&OE.
KINDLING WOOD is also available again at £6.50 per sack (approx. 0.06m3 each)
PAYMENT: Payment is usually requested on delivery in the form of cash or cheque
Bank transfers via BACS are also possible but MUST BE A PRE-PAYMENT before the delivery.
EMPTY SACKS: Please retain all log bags for collection and re-use at a later date
NEW GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS COVERING THE SALE OF LOGS AND FIREWOOD:
- These come in to effect from around 1st May 2021, but as a small-scale producer selling less than 600 cubic metres of seasoned logs each year, I have an extra 12 months until May 2022 before I need to fully comply.
- After that, I will only be selling larger amounts of 2 cubic metres or more to individual customers, but all sales of smaller amounts will continue as normal until then.
SEASONING, SIZES & SPECIES:
Logs stacked to season over the summer
SEASONING: All logs sold are guaranteed to have been seasoned for
at least one summer, and wood seasoned for two years or more is usually also
available on request.
SIZES: Logs are usually ready-split if large and generally 5 to 15 cm
(2" to 6") in diameter and 15 to 25cm (6" to 10") in length but can be supplied at any size requested.
SPECIES: Bags and loads of logs for sale generally consist of a mixture
of different hardwoods, with ash and wych elm making up the bulk
of the supply. Other broadleaved species may also be available
such as oak, beech, birch, sycamore, hawthorn, hazel, maple and
BUYING AND STORAGE ADVICE:
- If storage space is available, it is usually best to buy logs well in advance of when they are going to be used, even up to a year ahead.
- Any extra seasoning time is always a bonus and removes all worries about having a stock of dry wood to use if the weather suddenly changes or if national supplies should run low for any reason.
- Storage: It is always best to take the logs out of the bags after delivery and place them somewhere reasonably well-ventilated and sheltered from wet weather - the old saying is "keep the wind (and sun) on them but the rain off". Purpose-built wooden log stores are often ideal for this but making a stack against a wall with some sort of roofing over the top, or putting the logs in a dry shed or garage is usually just as good as well.
- It is always a good idea to check exactly how much volume of wood you are getting for any price quoted by retailers of logs and woodfuel - in general terms, logs should always be sold by
volume rather than weight.
- Comparison to Net Bags: As shown above, HUNTERWOOD (HUNTERELM) bags contain DOUBLE the amount of wood that the smaller net bags have which are commonly found on sale in petrol station forecourts and DIY stores.
- Comparison to 'Builders' Bags: Logs are now commonly sold and delivered in so-called `cubic metre' or `one-ton' `builders-bags'. However, these are very often not actually 1 cubic metre in volume or 1 ton (or tonne) in weight. A common dimension for such bags is 0.9m x 0.9m x 0.9m = 0.73 cubic metres, making the volume of wood equivalent to about TEN HUNTERWOOD (HUNTERELM) sacks.